June 03, 2010

My Return to JokerStars

After the cash-out curse killed my bankroll on Poker Stars I stopped playing there (obv) so when I got an email from them saying I was being put in a special invitation-only tournament with a $10,000 guarantee I figured this was their way of making it up to me. I thought for sure I was guaranteed at least five bucks or something, and maybe they were trying to make it up to me, but not with money... anyway, here's tonight's unluckiness...


I flat called his raise pre flop so I was surprised when he lead out on the flop with a 2/3rd pot bet. The funny thing is, I had a feeling that he was really strong and for once had to think about re-shipping here. My girlfriend happened to be watching me play at this particular moment and I actually told her that I might be beat with a set, but I didn't really believe it. I didn't think Stars would do it to me like that. Luckily, after all the money went in and he hit on the turn, I could blame her for being the cooler instead of them. Here's looking foreward to my next Stars invitational!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear that girlfriends are frequently coolers...