May 23, 2010

The Daily Squalor

Glutton for punishment that I am, I just couldn't resist going back for more... The non-rebuy form of the Daily Dollar has got to be one of the easiest real money games in poker. This is the game that literally anyone can afford to buy into, so the 10,000 player field usually contains players who could be: drunk, high, drunk & high, about to leave, about to sleep, not taking the game seriously, taking the game too seriously, easily tilted, practically comatose, thirteen years old, etc, etc. This doesn't mean I was able to get anything going though. I guess you could file me under "taking the game too seriously."



When your opponent shoves with air, and you make that world-class, dream-shattering call with your favorite small pocket pair, your opponent usually doesn't find one of his few outs to squeak out a win. If you're not me, you should make that call every time. The mistake I make here was putting my tournament life on the line while my opponent had live outs.

No comments: