May 02, 2010

I Must Be Bluffing

I really like those "shallow" cash games on Full Tilt. They only allow you to buy in with 20 big blinds, so the action is usually nice and loose. The table I played at tonight was predictably so; but unfortunately, that action led to...

TONIGHT'S UNLUCKINESS:
It folds around to my SB. The BB was a weak player, so I decide to play tricky with my AA and just call. It's her turn to act and I'm thinking "please raise, please raise." She obliges me, and raises to $1.50. I thank my lucky stars. Knowing that she likes her hand, I decide to min-raise to get more money into the pot before she whiffs the flop. She calls, and we see a flop of QQ4. She bets the pot pretty quick, and any good poker player will tell you exactly what she has here (small pocket pair.) Since I min-raised pre-flop, I decided another min-raise is the best way to get the rest of her money in the middle. So I make it $12, and she shoves, right on cue. With $40 in the pot and both players all in, she shows me that my read was perfect. Pocket sixes. The third six wastes no time and pops up right there on fourth street. I put on the angry face and decide not to re-buy.

No comments: